Thread: Oh boy....
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 07:42 PM   #125
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Really that’s how you think the GOP will view loosing the White House and the senate, wow that’s amazing. So a little revenge will make loosing the power worth while, I’d be surprised if a single GOP senator shares that view, which says something.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
before last friday, there was already a good chance the democrats take the white house and the senate. that’s just the pendulum swinging back and forth.

in 2008, the democrats ran the table, just opened up a major can of whoop azz. was that the end of the gop? no, the gop took back a staggering number of federal, state, and local seats over the next 12 years. no party goes on a run much longer than that,,it doesn’t happen.

twice as many republican senators are up for reelection as democrats. they only need 4. obviously there’s a good chance they’ll get it, regardless of what happened friday.

and of course i’m correct when i say that if amy barrett replaces ginsburg, liberals will have a much harder time enacting their agenda. that’s why they’re coming unglued.

i’m not saying it’s good if the democrats control everything. i’m saying the natural state of things is that the pendulum
swings back and forth. we’re due for a shift back to the left.

if i had to choose between (1) replacing ginsburg with Barrett or (2) a trump re election, if take the former any day. the former shapes policy for decades, not just 4 years. no question which is better.

how isnthat logic flawed exactly? be specific. obviously republicans senators won't say that, because they want to be senators.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device