View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #4
Jim in CT

This rock thing would not amount to much, I don't think. Perry torpedoed his candidacy when he said that anyone opposed to offering discounted college tuition to children of illegals "doesn't have a heart". THAT doomed his candidacy. Most conservatives are adamantly opposed to offering financial incentives to reward criminal behavior, and that doesn't make us heartless, it just means that we are not stupid.

Romney will soon seperate himself from the pack, he'll win the nomination. If he's smart enough to pick Marco Rubio as his VP, then Obama will have no chance of an electoral college victory unless the economy improves, and no one is predicting that.

This election will come down to 2 things, and only 2 things. (1) How well will Obama do with independent voters in the states that are up for grabs (FL, NC, VA, PA, OH, CO, NV, NH). Right now, Obama is polling miserably with independents. And (2), which side will have a more enthusiastic turnout on election day? Right now, all the enthisiasm is with the tea party, and from where I sit, the libs are really coming unglued. It could well be a rout. And I can hear Obama's concession speech now..."I guess America wasn't really ready to give a black man a chance to do his job..."