View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
Rockfish9

Winni Derby 2012

well I didn't win.. or even place a fish on thge board.... I did get a pile of fish... some are here in the photos to follow...

the derby ALMOST didn't happen for me... Tuesday.. Night shift and I went for a final scout... some time befor noon... the stool i was using to sit on kicked out and I landed awkawardly on the ice.. my right knee turning inward... after an agonizing day aon the ice.. and an even more agonizing drive home.. x-ray revealed a sprained MCL... ice,elevated rest , a bottle of pills and a big *%^&*%$ brace had me mobile enough to go for it ( three years ago I fished the entire weekend witha fractured tibia)... we ahd alot of laughs.. had a entire cove to ourselves and enjoyed.. burgers.. kielbassa and ribs on the ..grill... I caught a pile of cusk several salmon ( returned to the water with out removing them) a 24" laker and 4 ranbows.. the biggest was 19"..

yesterday was miserable in the parking lot with temps @ 4 degrees and a 40MPH wind... our sacred cove provided a realatively wind free sancuary while others on the opposite side of the bay suffered imensly... or went home... we were joined by several friends that were fishning a differant sid eof the lake... the action was slow ( 4 cusk and a salmon for me) but the company and food mor ethanmade up for the cold fishing ( and temps).. here's a few pictures from the outing and the day i got wounded...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of P2070195.JPG (108.5 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of Picture 1037.jpg (47.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of Picture 1038.jpg (73.4 KB, 46 views)

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote