View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 09:52 AM   #106
Sea Dangles

I started trying to be better about what I eat in mid-November because I told my friend he looked fat and he asked if I owned a mirror. It started with me swearing off ice cream (sorry ben n jerry) and potato chips. After my evening dog walk which always included a bowl of diesel I would eat a pint or a bag or both. This is after the kids are in bed but I know they are not stupid. I weighed 246 at the time and felt like crap so I started using the health membership I have had for the last 15 years. I would do the eliptical for 30 minutes or run 3 miles at a slow (30 min)pace.
Last week I saw 229 and although I am not Sochi ready,I feel a lot better. I am thinking I may expand my workouts to include weights,which I have never done in my 49 years.I just got a pair of 38" pants which I haven't seen in years. I still cheat on occasion and I am having a hard time with the next step which is cutting down on the pot.Although it is only a few hits a day, it has become a habit that is hard to break.For the first time in a LONG time I am without a bag and find myself thinking of a reason to get one. I don't really have a goal other than to feel good but so far it is working.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote