Thread: Reissue of Ten
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

true story -

I moved to LA in 1991, right before I left a buddy invited me to see his band at Club Babyhead in Providence, they were opening for some band called Pearl Jam and he explained that the members were from Mother Love Bone. I couldnt make it. Fast forward @ three months later, I was working in Hollywood, at Guitar Center on Sunset Blvd. I was at the accessories counter, A few guys walked up to me, on was carrying a sachel with a notebook in it. He asked me about some mics they ordered and said they had a corporate account. I asked what account and he said "pearl jam". I told him about my buddies band and the show at Baby Head. He remembered the show and we BS'd for 10 minutes about things. He was a very nice, sincere and unassuming guy. I thought notthing of it. Fast forward 6 months later. I was back in the East Coast and at a party, there was a video on MTV and all the girls were singing along, it was Alive by PJ. couldnt believe the guy I met a few months earlier was now a big star. It was Eddie Vedder.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote