View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #108
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I started trying to be better about what I eat in mid-November because I told my friend he looked fat and he asked if I owned a mirror. It started with me swearing off ice cream (sorry ben n jerry) and potato chips. After my evening dog walk which always included a bowl of diesel I would eat a pint or a bag or both. This is after the kids are in bed but I know they are not stupid. I weighed 246 at the time and felt like crap so I started using the health membership I have had for the last 15 years. I would do the eliptical for 30 minutes or run 3 miles at a slow (30 min)pace.
Last week I saw 229 and although I am not Sochi ready,I feel a lot better. I am thinking I may expand my workouts to include weights,which I have never done in my 49 years.I just got a pair of 38" pants which I haven't seen in years. I still cheat on occasion and I am having a hard time with the next step which is cutting down on the pot.Although it is only a few hits a day, it has become a habit that is hard to break.For the first time in a LONG time I am without a bag and find myself thinking of a reason to get one. I don't really have a goal other than to feel good but so far it is working.
congrats,,, love hearing these stories,,, hit the weights also, you'll be in 36" in no time
good luck
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote