View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 11:27 PM   #109
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm not putting words in your mouth or taking liberties, that is exactly what your doing. You're speculating the poll was based on the % of whites. I don't believe you have ever asked for a link to see what went into the poll.

And any first year actuarial student would know correlation does not mean causation. Yet you continue to believe that while there is some correlation, there is causation w/o looking into it further. Would you do that at work?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"You're speculating the poll was based on the % of whites."

I asked him what he thought about the fact the top 10 states were so white. I didn't say the states were picked for their whiteness, but they sure weren't picked for their ethnic diversity.

"And any first year actuarial student would know correlation does not mean causation"

Correlation implies a pretty darn good likelihood of causation, though not a certainty.

"you continue to believe that while there is some correlation, there is causation w/o looking into it further"

I asked him to explain the whiteness of those states, and he chose not to. I asked him to post the poll so that I could see the criteria, and he chose not to. Not sure what else I can do there.