Thread: Lybia
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 08:47 AM   #161
Piscator

Watching the news last night and this is EXACTLY what I heard:

Our Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says, “We really do not know who these rebels are just yet”

Five minutes later I hear our UN Ambassador Susan Rice say, “We need to arm these rebels”

Our people need to get on the same page here. On one hand we are saying we need to arm these people and on the other hand we are saying we don’t know who they are or what they stand for. They look foolish and need to at least get on the same page here.

I didn’t really get Obama’s speech the other night (maybe it's me). He says we are handing this cluster over to NATO. The supreme commander of NATO is a US Soldier. We are the number one country funding NATO. NATO is nothing without us. We are taking this from our right hand and moving it to our left hand and saying we handed it off. I don’t know if he is the one who is confused or if he is trying to confuse the American people. He needs to call a spade a spade. That is the least he can do.
Not sure what happens next. If this is a humanitarian effort, what happens when Gadafi’s troops dig in around Tripoli and it comes to a standstill? If the innocent killing stops, what happens next? What’s the plan? Obama’s speech sounded like a victory speech the other night and we still have 8 innings left to play………

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"