View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #83
JohnnyD

I mentioned this in another post. The Market's daily movement is a horrible gauge when judging anything. Daily moves are so emotionally driven, it's pathetic. Things like GDP, Consumer Spending and the such are better markers, just that we don't get to the second updates on those everyday.

People are making tons of money on the market right now. The issue is that conventional wisdom of buy and hold is not beneficial at the moment. People are shorting stocks and buy/selling in the same day or within 2 days. I think the Market is horribly undervalued. GE under $10, Intel under $15, J&J under $50.

Like I said in my other post, I have a lot of time until retirement. The market is already undervalued and I hope people continue to be emotional about it and allow the market to dip below 6000. My accountant gave me a hard time for not investing in an IRA 2 years ago and I told her back then that there was no way in hell I was investing in that market. The warning signs of the current market have been available for some time now, people losing their shirts just weren't paying attention or researching the right areas.