Thread: Bigfish
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 01:09 PM   #28
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

This happens a bit, and then happens a bit more and and before you know it is a free for all...

OK - this is a fishing site, the fishing stuff happens on the main board unlesss it belongs on one of the side boards. The Political talk, Relgious talk, and any other NON FISHING topic go HERE in the Scuppers. Most of the Political and Religion talk go WAY beyond the scope of this site anyway....

This also isn't the BigFish camp -v- the TLap camp. These are two people with strong opinions and personalities clashing. Can anyone here name other people that have strong personalities? That clash with others? Fifty maybe? People take this stuff too seriously sometimes. People that otherwise would sit down, have a beer, and BS back and forth with no problem....

I know both these guys and they are strong willed people. But some people egg the crap on because a) it's funny b) it's not funny but like a dog licking it's nuts it gets done anyway c) some people don't give a rat's ass about it or at least this site. It gets old quick. So people need to stop egging the other on.

As for sites growing - this site or any other, it needs to grow or get stale. Part of growing means more questions that have been asked a thousand times. Part of it is my fault but I have not had the time to do a proper Frequently Asked Questions page that we could steer people to for some of the basics and then ask on some of the more specifics. It's a SLOW work in progress. Any help for people wanting to go and grab somoe favorite FAQs and thro them into the How To section. When someone asks a simple question like "What's a Hi-Lo Rig" be can steer them to the FAQs.
Other times a new spin on an old question can come along. Hmm, the Pac Bay USED to be the best bang for the buck in an inexpensive custom stick but that's changed. The Nautil is not the poor man's wet real anyway and replacement reels don't arrive in 3 days anymore. The limit is no longer one fish over 28. Gibbs plugs don't seem to fall apart out of the package like they might have earlier. Things do change and need to be looked at again and again.

Anyway - people need to stop attacking each other. Think about hitting that return button first. ESPECIALLY when it's to take a shot at someone....

Bloo - we miss ya. And I would like to fish with you one of these days....

Where is Striprman when you need some good harmony among men :shrug: ??

Sorry for the disjointed rant I'm really trying to get other things done right now...

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: