View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 03:50 PM   #216
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
oh, so now we need laser guided missiles?

Jim, you don't get it that they take an inch, then another inch and keep on taking. Stand up for your rights.

blaming guns is like blaming the internet, cop out

As far as the thread title, I don't agree with Trump saying arm the teachers , but I don't agree with Biden making up gun free zones either. But taking away some teachers' choice if they wanted to carry is not cool. When I went to school there were some teachers that carried concealed and I bet there were when you went as well, you just did not know it. It did not end badly.
"nothing is foolproof"

I get that, I do. But this kid put up every imaginable red flag, and he passed the background check? We don't need to be flawless, but we need to be at least good enough to keep that kid from being able to buy a firearm, or we might as well pull the plug on the whole thing and arm everybody.

"Jim, you don't get it that they take an inch, then another inch and keep on taking"

You're right, I don't get that. I see zero reason to believe that it's an all or nothing situation. I haven't heard any liberal who has any meaningful influence, suggest they have their sights set on handguns and riles that aren't semi-automatic.

"Stand up for your rights"

I believe I do. I also have the burden of feeling obligated to stand up for the rights of others, not just mine. Including defenseless children.

"blaming guns is like blaming the internet"

I believe each plays a role in this. I am sure I am correct.

"I don't agree with Trump saying arm the teachers "

That's not really what he said...

"When I went to school there were some teachers that carried concealed and I bet there were when you went as well, you just did not know it"

I wonder. I went to Catholic schools, and on more than one occasion I was hit in the face with a ruler when misbehaving. I wonder what would have happened if they were armed...

"It did not end badly"

99.999% of the time it doesn't end badly. If you had a machine gun in your house, I would probably feel safe letting my kids sleep over. It's not you I'm worried about. The next Adam Lanza is out there. And he's not carrying a sign identifying himself as amass murderer.