Thread: Man down....
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 08:08 AM   #27
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Well I wish I had scheduled to have the replacement sooner... No question about the replacement being the right thing, as "the hay is already in the barn" according to the surgeon I saw. BUT... they never do the surgery to an acute knee, and mine is acute. Means I did so much tissue damage in the fall that I need to do 4-6 weeks of PT to prepare the knee for surgery.... If he does it now, when it doesn't have much mobility, it will not have the desired mobility after rehabbing the replacement joint... So I am in a timeout so to speak, before I can move forward. Doc has a two week vacation coming up, which pushed follow up appt out to May, which does not please me. So will get second opinion this week, and a second schedule so I can decide which one to go with. Start PT Monday afternoon. And cooking up a plan for work, be it driving/pick up/ delivery to other contractors, taking friends' family members to appointments, whatever. Just figuring it out. I really don't want to think about not launching the boat this season, but it is a very real possibility....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote