View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 07:48 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"She was sitting in an endowed chair and bought several homes that people unfortunately lost and sold them to her family."

Which is fine.

The problem is, she attached banks for doing the same thing she did. She also got very rich off the backs of students who took out loans to pay her massive salary, but again, she says it's immoral for anyone else to profit off student loans.

No hypocrisy there? None?

"then support Mnuchin"

I generally have no use for Manchin (is that you you mean?), he talks like a Republican at home to get votes, then goes to DC and votes like Chuck Schumer. I don't like him, but I'm glad he torpedoed this bill. Though I'd bet he's holding out for more pork for WV, I don't believe he actually voted on principle. He has positioned himself as the most powerful person in the country right now. Even the president has to kiss his ring.

But I doubt you were critical of McCain when he killed Republican attempts to revise Obamacare. If that's heroic, so is what Manchin did. What's good for the goose...
First of all she didn’t make her money thru flipping foreclosures.
And an endowed chair is funded thru an endowment, not tuition and the person is chosen because of their status in their field.

Mnuchin was the guy who was called the foreclosure king.
During Mnuchin’s reign, IndyMac carried out more than 36,000 foreclosures, tossing former homeowners (including active duty military servicemen and women) onto the street without hesitation or pity by any means necessary. According to a memo obtained by investigative reporter David Dayen, OneWest, the new name that Mnuchin and his billionaire posse coined for Indybank, of which Mnuchin was now CEO and chairman, “rushed delinquent homeowners out of their homes by violating notice and waiting period statutes, illegally backdated key documents, and effectively gamed foreclosure auctions.”

The Koch brothers still own a lot of real estate, but their best investment may be the Manchin they bought in West Virginia.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin