Thread: metal anyone?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #45
5 String Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post
Here is One of my friends, Dave Mustane and I..Prior to Dave being kicked out of the band..In my house in 1980 or 81 I'm not sure..
On Dave's shirt it says Metal Up ur Ass.It was the Name of the demo tape that was to be part of their first album.It's what brought em out east from the west coast.
I wonder if he still has that shirt? lol
I remember it was rumoured that he would call out megadeth fans for wearing metallica shirts @megadeth shows.. I did just that and high fived dave and chris poland at the end of a peace sells show. I always thought that the drama between metallica and megas was good for business.

Quote:
Mustane was a out of control drunk.While they had planned on booting him prior to coming out east.They had a few shows lined up they where dissaster.Between equipment or electrical problems and Mustane just out of control. It was not to be an they %$%$%$%$ canned him..We convinced a few local bar owners to let em play.They already had Hammet lined up.While it went off well.None of us liked Hammet he was a girly boy or worse a poser....
They played Ride The Lightning for 9 of us in my friends Basement to get our opinion.The same basement from the other pic.I remember none of us liked it at first and we told em so..We where wrong of course.Our dislike was due to our allegiance to Mustane.
Ride the Lightning turned out to be one of my favorite albums as was Kill em All.It was all Mustanes music.
Dave rules.

Quote:
I'm a legend..
You're a Metal God! I'm jealous, dude. That must have been pretty fricken cool to have hung out with those bands at the beginning of their careers. That's like hanging out with Geezer and Tony in 68... heheheh
5 String Bass is offline   Reply With Quote