View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 07:29 AM   #36

To bad you failed to add up all the other perks you get along with the near $300.00 a day (for 7 hours of work). Lets see here every and any holiday off, two weeks off for Christmas, another week in Spring and usually a 5 day weekend for Thanksgiving. Lets not forget the long Easter weekend. Don't forget the 10 weeks for summer vacation (are you telling me there is nothing these teachers could be doing at the school for this time, hell they are being payed for it) Now lets look at the Pension, what's the going rate for RI after 25 years 60%-80% of your best years gross, for the rest of your life all on the tax payers dime. Lets talk about medical, maybe not the best plan but a very good plan for little or nothing out of your pocket. How about the workday, starts at 8:00am most wrap up by 3:00 at the latest.

Now lets say we have a bad teacher in the mix, maybe verbally or physically assaults the children, maybe has a drinking or drug problem, maybe preaches her/his political views in the classroom, maybe sexually assaults a student, can we fire that teacher, hell no they have union protection. I know only 3 teachers in RI and each of them have been lifelong drug addicts, do you think the school department would do drug testing, no because the union says we can't.

And with all the above, these folks still feel the need to strike, complain, riot, and hold our kids hostage for more, Well you will never get pity from me, what you would get from me if I could do it would be a kick in the ass right out the front door, then I would hire somebody from the real world who would actually appreciate the job.

Last edited by 179; 02-20-2011 at 07:38 AM..