View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 07:39 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Unfortunately the person I felt had the most promise didn't make it to the big show and what are my choices? On the one hand we have a women I don't trust and gives us business as usual, or a man I wouldn't trust alone with my sister, my girlfriend or my money. Two very bad choices IMHO and Election Day can't come soon enough for me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Unfortunately the person I felt had the most promise didn't make it to the big show "

Same for me.

"what are my choices?"

You have the same two wretched choices that I have. I will plug my nose and vote for the one whose policies are more in line with my personal beliefs. We aren't going to be proud of either one.

"a man I wouldn't trust alone with my sister"

He's not seeking to court your sister, he wants to be POTUS. I wouldn't let Bill Clinton alone with my wife either, but he was a pretty decent president IMO.

It would be great to have someone you admire as well as agree with. The GOP nominated two extremely admirable men in the last 2 cycles, and the electorate said "no thanks". This isn't the first time we will be looking at a POTUS whose personal ethics were lacking. I'd rather have a jerk who might improve some things, than a swell guy who is incompetent.