View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I am sure as with all guys that try this venture it will weed itself out and probably will not see him next year once he sees what he is up against. Maybe just a part time venture which probably could remain a little fun. I am not wishing this on him it is just a very tough biz to take on. Good luck to him but the odds are against him, but who knows. Fisherman are always looking for the next best lure and flip flop back and forth from the newest greatest lure to come along and then back to ones they used in the past. Makes it tough to stay on top and to make it a decent venture, plus there is just too many guys doing it with too many options for the fisherman. This is the reason I have liked to keep it a hobby and to try and keep most of my plugs replications of the old school lures, stuff I will be happy with and time proven. Have fun but I doubt it will remain fun if you have to make lots of them. Believe me I know how un fun making things can be after a while. Been a long time since I got excited about the parts I make day in and day out and I get a lot of variety compared to most in manufacturing. Good luck. P.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote