Thread: Obama
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 09:40 AM   #48
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The Vatican is protesting the guest list, as they should. Not that the Pope shouldn't be expected to have to engage others, but you don't invite someone to the White House for the specific purpose of ambushing him, either. But that's Obama's style with those who disagree with him. A world-class d*ck.

Hey, Obama said that the White house is his house. And he believes in gay marriage. What should the Vatican expect if it chooses to visit the house of someone who fervently believes in something that the Pope himself does not absolutely dismiss? Shouldn't the Vatican expect that Obama would have guests of his persuasion at the party? Even, maybe, to further nudge the Pope toward Obama's point of view? Have other guests been invited who are more to the Pope's liking. Are all guests opponents of the Vatican? And why is the Pope going to Obama's house? Does he not know Obama's view on Gay marriage? Does the Pope want to influence Obama to the Vatican's view on the issue? Or is the visit all about fake nice-nice just to say how are ya? And who's doing the inviting? Did Obama invite the Pope, or did the Pope want the visit?

Would Obama invite the Dali Lama, and put him at a table with a bunch of Maoist activists? I don't think so.
Just my opinion, but I think Obama has more in common with Mao than with the Dali Lama. And if the latter chose to visit Obama's house, he should expect some guests who have Maoist leaning ideas on what government is about.