View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Then what is your solution to resolving the current economic situation - raise taxes for everyone equally? So the struggling family that hasn't seen a pay raise in 2 years because of the economy and faced with a rising cost of living should be hit with the same tax increases as the wealthy family who, if responsible with their money, should not have to be worried about losing their house or how they're going to put food on the table?

You can't get water from stone, but let's try and get more money from people who are already struggling.
It's all rather fuzzy to me (maybe some in power want it to be) but it doesn't seem that the people who are worried about putting food on the table are the ones hit hard by the current economic situation. Nor are most who bought homes worried about losing them. And some, I don't know the number, I don't even know if its been broken down for us, or if I could believe it if it were, and some who are in danger of losing their home are living in one much better than mine. Actually, technically, they're not losing it, the bank owns it. It seems to me that there are a lot more people that are above my pay grade that are being hurt by current conditions than at or below it. Maybe, if raising taxes on wealthy people is the solution to the problem, why not, instead, because, surely MANY would undeservedly be getting a tax hike, instead just use stimulus money to pay off the debts of the relatively small sector of poor folks and let all the greedy crooks go under.