Thread: Interesting
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #36
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

you guys are so misguided its painful. I can't even respond.

I guess the difference is that my paycheck comes from a "big business", you'd rather have one from the governement.
Maybe a little education will help.
Big business provides you with your electricity, your phones, computer, fuel, shipping and discrtibution of your food and supplies, your medical needs, books and entertainment. Big Business is owned in most cases by....shareowners. Shareowners are individuals who own stocks, mutual funds, 401ks, pensions plans (all pension assets have significant assets in stocks). So ultimately big business is owned is some fashion by.... the common man! Now these big profits that are so evil, are funnelled into other investments, of course the big evil profit machine wants more money. So what are these other investments? They are investments in other countries. US investors (or through their pension plans) fund investments in the electricity in Brazil, medicine in Thailand, dam construcion in Indonesia, etc. Where do you think the money comes from? Do these big business invest to make a profit? Yes, but does it have MASSIVE benefit to the world economy, YES.
Now, what else does evil big business do? It pays the majority of the US workforces salary and benefits, either directly or through vendors that rely on the other firms.
So to conclude,
The evil profits of big business fund our retirement plans, fund investment in emerging countries, fund personal investments, fund pensions plans, and ultimatley pay our salaries. Our salaries in turn fund our Fed tax, our local tah, schools etc? Make sense?
So the Dem philosopy of tax, tax, tax, is more efficient. It cuts out the "middle man" and takes the profits and gives them to the governement. In this case, it cuts out any investment in all the things I noted before! It lowers economic growth domestically and internatinally and puts more people in need of government. You dont realize how much the "evil" profits benefit you directly or indirecty.
rant over

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all