View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 12:37 PM   #26
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Like he said

Gilly, it just so happens that my next step on this kitchen I am building is to edge band all the casework parts. Maybe I should setup my iphone to video it for you.
There are a couple methods of edge banding. The hot iron or heat gun method and then there is the automatic edge bander machines for production work, those use a pvc tape and have a separate glue pot to supply the glue that gets put on in process, there are cutters to trim also.

I have a tabletop iron machine that holds the roll of tape and has an adjustable thermostat because the wood tape needs more temp. than the vinyl tape does, it has cooling aluminum rollers. It is a bit faster than a handheld iron but both ways work. 95% of my edge banding is with real wood veneer tape.

The melamine with edge tape is ok but it can delaminate if you catch an edge. The PVC tape looks cleaner and hold up better. But for most stuff like closets, they don't get overly abused.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote