View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 12:24 PM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't get the memo that Trump is supposed to manage Covid.
Why would anyone think a reality TV star is a capable leader of people.

Tweety's leadership qualities have been at best deadly to Americans.

America is (supposed to be) the greatest country on science and resources. This is why in the midst of international catastrophes, the USA usually takes leadership role, earning global admiration.

Tweety cut off the world and did nothing to help with a global response. The result was, that countries that expected a global response were left on their own to figure it out, as efforts to coordinate with the WHO took time to have a reorganized method of response. As a result, global anger at USA, and embarrassment for its people and NOT ONLY did Tweety fail to assume the traditional USA role, he actively worked to harm other nations because of his incompetence. He announced cutting funding to WHO, shrinking US influence there, he refused to join global vaccine effort, he worked to bribe and steal resources ordered by our allies, because we had failed to prepare.
If Tweety had simply shown the competence of Trudeau in Canada - who hasn't done an amazing job, but at least stopped catastrophic outcome - this would have been a nothing on the election, no one blames Tweety for there being a virus (blame is not important), they are terrified that his lack of coordinated effort or even a national plan displayed an incompetence that made it clear he was in no way capable of managing the presidency.
Tweety could have used his bully pulpit to encourage the best of Americans. He could have laid out the science of why masks work, why social distancing works, and told Americans - just like in WW2 - they had to unify with a single mindset in the homeland to defeat the enemy. And Fox would have said the exact opposite of what it does now, and praised the president for showing leadership. Then this whole "anti mask" crap would not be happening.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin