View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 01:22 PM   #9
trevier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Sorry this question is a little off the point of the thread but you guys will have opinions I'm sure.

Whats your recommendation on seasoning it? I split about 2 cords and stacked it in my yard in an area where it will get good sun all summer. It is uncovered. We just moved here and I'm debating building a structure with a little roof. My uncle said its good for it to get wet and swell and dry and shrink and to leave it uncovered. What is your technique and how much time do you ideally let it sit for before burning?

Good luck finding your splitter and thank you! After reading this thread I just went down a youtube rabbit hole and ended up watching a video of a Canadian dude using a processor you drop the whole tree in and it has an automatic chainsaw drop the logs into a lower chamber where the ram drives it through a star maul and its all joystick operated. Probably costs 6 figures but man you'd be through those 7 cords in no time!
I leave split wood uncovered thru the winter an into the spring, then it gets covered for the upcoming season. You have to cover it for at 6 months imo. A building with a roof over it to help keep it dry is a good idea.
trevier is offline   Reply With Quote