View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
Pete_G

Winter Events List - 2010

Any questions about any events just let us know. All events take place at the SWE at 47 Valley Road in Middletown, RI.

January 27th 6pm – Surf Night

• How to make and fish rigged eels and eel Bobs w/ Rudy
• Plug Swap - trade something you don't use or something you made for something new

February 6th, 1PM: Dennis Zambrotta: Needlefish Plugs – What, When, Where, How,(and Why) "Presentation will cover the history of the needlefish plug from the 1950s to the present. I’ll also discuss the different types of needlefish plugs, how I rig them, how I fish them, and why. I’ll relate stories about needlefish color such as the origin of Block Island Green, great scores on Block Island, the heartbreak of screw-eye construction, and when oversize is better. Both informational and entertaining - this presentation will encourage questions from the audience. Through your questions I’ll be able to provide a better understanding of what I do and hopefully provide you a better appreciation of casting needlefish for striped bass in the surf. "

Steve Cook's Tying Class - Beginner - Feb 9th, 16th, 23rd (Tuesdays)

Steve Cook's Tying Class - Intermediate - Feb 11th, 18th, 25th (Thursdays)

February 13th: Joe Cordeiro Tying Class – Flatwings Joe will provide all materials, the students are expected to bring their own tools/vises. The tuition for the class is $20 per student. He will do an open presentation from 10am to 11am, and then a class from 11am to 1pm.

February 13th, 1:30PM: Van Staal Reel Service w/ Craig Cantelmo (free as long as you have a service kit) - learn how to service your own VS

February 24th 6pm – Surf Night

• Tying tails, bucktails, and teasers 6:30pm

February 27th, 1PM Toggin with Bryan Oakley

TBA – Charley Soares

Steve Cook's Tying Class - Intermediate - March 9th, 16th, 23rd (Tuesdays)

Steve Cook's Tying Class - Intermediate - March 11th, 18th, 25th (Thursdays)

Steve Cook's Tying Class - Advanced - April 6th, 13th, 20th (Tuesdays)

Steve Cook's Tying Class - Advanced - April 8th, 15th, 22nd (Thursdays)

March 6th, 1PM – Steve McKenna – Metal Lip Swimmers

March 13th– Tuna Seminar 12pm to 4pm

• How to make a blind splice – 12PM
• How to rig a harpoon – 1PM
• How to on crimping – 2PM
• "Light" Tackle for tuna from 20 to 200 pounds – 3PM

March 17th, 6PM until whenever: Knot Tying Competition 2010

March 27th, 2:30PM DJ Muller: "Wetsuits, bass, and boulders: Working the outer edge." Aquaskinz will also be on hand to show off their line up of surf gear.

April 3rd, 11am Al Anderson: Destinations and Tactics for Near Shore (less then 50 miles out) tuna off Rhode Island

April 10th, 11am Al Anderson: Over-Winter Striper Secrets

Additional details and cost on Steve's Tying Classes are listed here: http://www.edgeangling.com/Steve-Cooks-Tying-Class.html

Last edited by Pete_G; 02-01-2010 at 03:43 PM..
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote