View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #41
spence

You seem to be having a difficult time differentiating between words and ideas. Call them farnicks and labdubs for all I care...it doesn't change the argument at all...

I think I now understand the argument that the liberal position isn't based on a strong foundation. They just lay claim to the words they want and assert the other side is left empty.

The FOX News crowd seems quite enamored by Glenn Beck these days, here are his top values and principals. See how perhaps if we stopped being honest (a value) that a principal like "America is good" could change.

Quote:
Principals that Glenn Beck speaks of are:
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not "un"-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

Glenn's 12 values goes as such; honesty, reverence, hope, thrift, humility, charity, sincerity, moderation, hard, work, courage, personal responsibility, and gratitude.
-spence