View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 04:16 AM   #58
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarnedStripes44 View Post
So in otherwords, healthcare providers should seek to obtain the highest possible price for product. Seems like the perfect rationalization for price gouging. Snake oil salesmen need apply. I always thought of healthcare - with all its implied demand inelasticity - as fitting squarely in the public domain given whats at stake, i.e. human life. But by your LOGIC, lets just let the free market purist doctrine of perfect discrimination roll all over that.

WOW, please elaborate on this and
"implied demand inelasticity - as fitting squarely in the public domain given whats at stake, i.e. human life"
I'd love to hear more

So when gas prices are up again, I expect to see the same roll out of free market theory in defense of $5/gallon premium.
you mean "WORLD MARKET THEORY", when oil prices surge they surge worldwide, our domestic companies control only a small portion of the world market which makes it unfair to blame them for(although certainly easy and intellectually dishonest) increases in oil costs unless you expect them to keep oil prices artificially low and operate at a loss during times of high oil prices, should government likewise take less of their tax cut to keep oil affordable during spike periods, aren't they gouging? "

healthcare providers should seek to obtain the highest competitive price for their service....real actual (not the phony claims by politicians) "price gouging" occurs when there is no alternative product/service for the consumer, "price gougers" and "snake oil salesmen" in a competitive market do not remain in business very long, however, if they(supposed gougers) happen to provide a superior service or product that consumers are willing to pay a premium for, should they be labled in a derrogatory way and forced to provied that product/service at a government mandated "fair" price? Debutch mentioned, congressional claims of "price gouging" with regard to oil price hikes and the subsequent hearings have never proven the claim, it is nothing more than cheap grandstanding to gain public support for pathetic politicians........ if you would like consistently priced $5-10 per gallon gasoline...Obamacare will certainly get you there...between that and the obvious fraud of the Global Warming scare there will be easy justification to rape the public for their own good through high gas prices to pay for the goodies...

government provided/run healthcare in whole or in part will be grossly inefficient, operate at huge deficits and demand will outpace the ability to provide resulting in rationing...no different than any other government run entity, why would you expect this to be any different..because OBAMA is in charge? you'd think that with "what's at stake..ie..human life" that you wouldn't want government anywhere near it given the track record...

Last edited by scottw; 06-22-2009 at 04:32 AM..