Old 06-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #127
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you are like a wind-up toy
Quote:
it's really hard to get an answer to a question around here....
Quote:
if that is $1000 "per year" that is approximately what my car and life insurance costs and I can't remember the last time I made a claim for car ins...or life...obviously......you want a lot for a very little= health insurance for $83 a month...you want unlimited visits, no co-pay and free meds too?...my answer is I'd like to pay for what I want and need from a competitive market....
Quote:
seems all these sanctuary cities are having big homeless problems...=...tax and fix

May 14

By Matt Day and Daniel Beekman
Seattle Times staff reporters

After a weekend of high-stakes negotiations between Seattle City Council members and Mayor Jenny Durkan, the council voted unanimously Monday to tax the city’s largest employers to help address homelessness.

Starting next year, the tax will be $275 per employee, per year on for-profit companies that gross at least $20 million per year in the city — down from a $500-per-head proposal that Durkan threatened to veto.

The city declared a homelessness state of emergency in late 2015. A point-in-time count last year tallied more than 11,600 homeless people in King County and one in 16 Seattle Public Schools students is homeless.

“We have community members who are dying,” Councilmember Teresa Mosqueda said before the 9-0 vote. “They are dying on our streets today because there is not enough shelter” and affordable housing.
Quote:
rich liberals should adopt the homeless
Quote:
so you'd like the public to give you $4000 per year for your healthcare?
Quote:
I don't believe that there is some fixed monthly/yearly number that everyone should pay for their healthcare....you were asked because you seem to think that there is.....
Quote:
why?
Quote:
he should just mail it to Pete for his healthcare
Quote:
are you and Spence drinking together today?
Quote:
Quote:
the roads are nicer too...was up there visiting a customer the other day....leaving Mass where the road looked like someone bombed it, as soon as I hit the NH line, the road was pristine....go figure?
Quote:
this is why we can't have a rational discussion ....
Quote:
do you ever read the stuff you write?
Yes and what you write also

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin