Thread: Oh boy....
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 12:52 PM   #161
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Mr. President, where the nation should be treated to a consideration of constitutional philosophy, all it will get in such circumstances is a partisan bickering and political posturing from both parties and from both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue. As a result, it is my view that if a Supreme Court Justice resigns tomorrow, or within the next several weeks, or resigns at the end of the summer, President Bush should consider following the practice of a majority of his predecessors and not — and not — name a nominee until after the November election is completed."

Those are his exact words
I agree. He said that presidents should not name a nominee in an election year (you conveniently left out the part where he said that if the president does make a nomination in an election year, the senate should refuse to vote).

Here is Biden's naked hypocrisy Paul. In 2016, he an dObama violated the Biden rule, and nominated a candidate during an election year.

Therefore, Biden is every bit the hypocrite that McConnell and Graham are.

Sorry, what's god for the goose...

I'm struggling to figure out how you think you are refuting my point, when you are making my point. Biden did the opposite of what he asked Bush to do.