Thread: Oh boy....
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 01:28 PM   #164
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I agree. He said that presidents should not name a nominee in an election year no, he didn't say that.(you conveniently left out the part where he said that if the president does make a nomination in an election year, the senate should refuse to vote).I didn't conveniently leave anything out as I provided everything he said

Here is Biden's naked hypocrisy Paul. In 2016, he an dObama violated the Biden rule, and nominated a candidate during an election year.

Therefore, Biden is every bit the hypocrite that McConnell and Graham are.

Sorry, what's god for the goose...

I'm struggling to figure out how you think you are refuting my point, when you are making my point. Biden did the opposite of what he asked Bush to do.
I've only provided what he said - "...After the election"

Some will criticize such a decision and say it was nothing more than an attempt to save a seat on the court in the hopes that a Democrat will be permitted to fill it. But that would not be our intention, Mr. President, if that were the course we were to choose in the Senate — to not consider holding hearings until after the election. Instead, it would be our pragmatic conclusion that once the political season is under way, and it is, action on a Supreme Court nomination must be put off until after the election campaign is over."