View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 01:55 AM   #191
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I love how all of you conservative god fearing biggot supporting guys defend this hick by comparing gays to terrorists, neo nazzis, etc....
Speaks volumes really.

.. Where respect of each others happiness is equal to our own. I doubt the baker will ever see this or many of you...

So I will continue to follow my 2 commandments. Be cool and don't be an A-hole. Life is very simple that way.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

you do realize that you've succeeded in defining yourself as a bigot or "biggot"....

big·ot noun \ˈbi-gət\

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

similar to what has been stated, I would have baked the cake.....but I'm adamantly opposed to the judge forcing this guy to do so if he has deeply held religious beliefs that he concludes would be compromised by doing so.... there is no evidence that he was rude or disrespectful to the couple...you and others have repeatedly tried to assign absurd motivations and actions to him absent any evidence in order demonize him to make a case...it is entirely possible that outside of this incident the baker is a generous, model citizen in the community and the couple might be quite the contrary but you would never consider that based on all of your biased assumptions

I guess "live and let live" and "be cool and don't be an a-hole" are "relative" as defined by you and additionally, you are happy to have a court impose these standards on another and rain some impressive hostility down on those that might stray from your standards of behavior....I find that far more threatening than a baker refusing to bake a cake for any reason...but I guess I shouldn't feel threatened as long as I don't step out of line and I abide by your loosely defined standards of behavior and thought ...right???...is that how it goes in Societal Utopia?

BTW....if you read back through..it was you, TDF and Spence who began injecting/discussing the Nazi and Al Qaeda references

you tend to see only what you want to see

Last edited by scottw; 12-30-2013 at 07:29 AM..