View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
why is it a good guy with a gun or a teacher with a gun an honest idea

posting about a good guy with a gun in a school shooting a ceiling tile... in class or saying more guns more likely increases the chances of accidents then preventing school shootings is thoughtless and dishonest ??

i think those who support guns in schools have not conducted an honest risk assessment of the whole idea they just assume gun equals better safety.. i dont assumes its risker to have a gun on a teacher a risk assessment shows it is
"why is it a good guy with a gun or a teacher with a gun an honest idea "

Because in most cases (if not all cases), the mass shootings stop at some point, after the good guys with guns show up. Not before. So common sense dictates that if a mass shooter shows up somewhere, the closer a good guy is with a gun, the fewer victims there will be. Now, having guns in school may cost more lives than it saves (accidental shootings, someone getting their hands on the guns, etc). But there is a potential benefit to having someone on scene with a gun. Are you really going to say that makes no sense?

"i think those who support guns in schools have not conducted an honest risk assessment "

Some, sure. Some are touting the benefits of guns in schools and acting like there is no downside.