View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 07:50 AM   #20
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linesider82 View Post
I agree with rockfish. I don't know anything about the NMEA system buy will be studying it over this year. Saw some good content on THT. Label everything, and I made like RF suggested a diagram of everything, going to laminate it and keep one onboard, and have one in the computer to update as needed.

There are companies that make custom h/s labels, I did that for some wires then just bought white shrink for others and sharpied them in before setting them.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
NMEA 2000, is mostly plug and play once you buy the back bone cable, tees and terminators, there are a few basic rules that apply to get optimum performance and setting on you machine to transmit to it , 1080 is a different cat, and requires a lot more head scratching and actual wiring, most devices dont use that anymore but usually have a port capable of reading it.. I'm not an expert, but I am pretty well versed in its set up, and have a ton of literature about it, we can start another thread if need be so as not to pollute/hijack this one.

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote