View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #11
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think a 5 day suspension is way too much considering the age, but the reaction of some of you is quite silly.

For a school to have a zero tolerance policy towards firearms, something I'm sure you'd all agree they should have, you can't make a provision just because the round was spent.

Next thing you'll be arguing that a backpack full of spent rounds or a bag of gun parts should be ok in school, because on their own they aren't a threat!

-spence
Spence, I agree to part of what you say here. I feel there should be a zero tolerance policy in schools, but only for bullets. Guns are fairly harmless without bullets, unless you pistol whip someone with it. But, by the same token, a stapler can do some serious damage if you whack someone hard enough with it.

And likwid, get a grip. Not all bad parents are redneck right wingers. I work in a bad neighborhood and see bad parenting almost every day. No rednecks here, though. In fact, I see mostly Obama signs in the windows. And the guns in school problems are probably worse in the inner city neighborhoods, which traditionally are not real conservative.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote