View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 09:52 PM   #23
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
How about gun deaths ? I know how to stop that... Take away everyone's guns. Simple right? What's a little violation of your freedom?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Over sixty percent of gun deaths in this country are suicide. The idea that taking guns from that sixty percent would eliminate the suicides is wishful thinking. Most of the other gun homicides would not be eliminated as homicides because they too would occur by other means. As it is, over 30% of homicides are done by other than guns. And gang violence accounts for a good portion of homicides. Eliminating guns would not get rid of gangs. Getting rid of gangs would be the easier solution. So taking guns away from everyone would eliminate gun deaths, but not most of the violent deaths. On the other hand, making law-abiding people gunless would leave them at the mercy of those gangs, criminals, or others, who could illegally purchase guns from a growing black market in guns.

And, I know . . . I know . . . we don't have to fear our government. But there are those instances in history when people were disarmed and then slaughtered by the government that disarmed them. Nazi Germany, Soviet Ukraine . . . etc. Disarming everyone could lead to more deaths, not less.

Anyway, what does gun control have to do with terrorist attacks? Wouldn't everyone being armed prevent or minimize some terrorist attacks.