View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #28
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I would have no problem voting for a Black Man but sadly the one I considered experienced enough didn't run for office. I'm probably not voting for Obama because in my book he is simply not qualified (yeh, Bush was not qualified either and never got my vote).

Obama in 8 years? WITH more experience, though still without military experience? Dunno.
John, you sound like a crazy person saying you're going to vote based on the candidate's qualifications. Don't you realize it's not about who's qualified or where they stand on important issues? This coming election is all about who speaks more eloquently and looks sharp as well as who isn't the same party as the current prez. I think asking voters to be informed and look at experience and qualifications is too much.

If you ask people why they like one guy over the other, the'll say "it's because I agree with his stance on importand issues". But, don't ask them for specifics. The average voter is so uninformed, they won't be able to tell you about McCain's stance on education or Obama's stance on illegal immigration. It's too bad that people don't take the time to be informed.