View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 01:17 PM   #99
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Or anything that would prohibit the practice of any religion?"

Tell that to Christian bakers who get sued for having the nerve to want to practice their religion.

"Conservatives want to look at history with a narrow view and pick the time they liked and try to get back there."

It's called reacting to empirical evidence, and advocating for what works over what doesn't work. Hooray, 75% of black babies are now born to fatherless households! And if I say we need to re-establish the importance of the black nuclear family, that makes me a regressive who wants to go back in time? Or does it make me a rational person who knows how to identify and address the root cause of a problem?
First of all, I can't believe someone wanted a cake from someone that didn't want to make them one, or that a Christian would think they are sinning by making a cake. Two fools only make money for lawyers.
It's not just black babies, it's low income households.
But just eliminating the current system won't cure the problem, the system needs to help and not just be the net that keeps you from dying but has no escape for people without the tools to do so.
Whoopi goldberg had a late nite TV show years ago, I watched her interview one of the Wayans Brothers. They both grew up in the same Projects. They had a great discussion about going back and seeing the same people and why and how they got out of there. They both said it was because their parents worked. Sounds simple doesn't it. Just take the net away, we didn't used to have one.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin