View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #40
FishermanTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
.... Manicures, $100 haircuts and $200 pair of shoes every month are NOT part of my life. How do people afford these things, I cannot figure out. Sure they may make more than me but when I see people spend 10 times what I do I know damn well sure they don't make 10 times what I do. Leaves me wondering what I am doing wrong. Then when I hear many don't even have $1,000 retirement it all becomes clear. They must be kidding themselves, up to their eyeballs in debt and making it all "look good"......

BINGO! You hit the nail on the head. They CAN'T afford it and are living in debt up to their eyeballs!

Whatever....maybe I am way worse with money than I figured and I am the one kidding myself. I just don't get it.....one minute I feel like I am not doing so bad and the next minute I feel like a total financial failure. I appreciate what I HAVE but not understanding how I cant afford what I NEED when I see folks spend foolishly on so much and yet supposedly almost a third of working folk have nothing for the future. Holy S&^$ I need a nap........
If you are able to live withing your means, then you are able to LIVE!
Way too many people are focused on just the "here and now" and spend that way. Many figure that their house will be their retirement nest egg and they will be all set, yet they are mortgaged to the max, use credit cards like monopoly money, and think "budget" is what they try to get their fat arses to do off the couch!

How many parents figure that buying their childrens affection is easier than earning it? I see it way too much for it to be a coincidence. It just adds to the problem and perpetuates that kind of mind set for the kids to follow.

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote