View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #26
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You are really, really bonkers.
If by "bonkers" you mean quite rational and well informed...then I agree.

Quote:
I am a "worker", though not in a union. So please tell me, when my town's teachers union demands rich pensions that can never be reasonably funded, and healthcare at lower out-of-pocket costs that private sector folks cannot imagine, please tell me how that union is looking out for me, "the worker"?
My comment was clearly referring to the rights of union workers...I'm sorry if this went over your head. That was not my intention.

Quote:
Spence, it's this simple. When Wall Street banks donate to politicians, they are looking out for their own selfish interests. When labor unions donate to politicians, they are doing the same exact thing.
People donate for their own interests??? This changes everything.

Quote:
The only difference is this...for the most part (there are exceptions), what banks do doesn't have to impact me unless I choose to do business wih them.
Do you keep all your money under a mattress? No credit cards? You don't ever take a loan either do you?

Quote:
What labor unions do impacts every single person, in the form of taxes, there is literally no way to avoid it. Those insane benefits drive up municipal property taxes, state income taxes, and business property taxes (which businesses have to pay for with higher prices).
Could also just be bad government. I don't think either party has a monopoly on fiscal responsibility.

Quote:
This liberal notion that labor unions are looking out for "the little guy" is a total lie. Less than 10% of the working population belngs to a union, and most non-union folks are NOT rich, but rather are also "the little guy". Lots of non-unionized little guys are seriously hurt by the gross injustices of labor union practices. Liberals like you hide that by painting this struggle as rich versus poor. That makes a great sound byte, but it's very dishonest.
It's funny, I'm pretty sure I've never started a sentence with "Conservatives like you" in my life.

-spence