View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 01:01 PM   #20
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't remember Romney running against Clinton. But, blame the media, it's always the media...
I'll clarify: the media crucified Romney, remember binders full of competent women he would have in his administration if elected? Romeny was far from a perfect candidate but he was arguably the best person to run in the past decade.

Yet only recently, when politically inexpedient, did the media start to turn on Bill Clinton, who all along could have been could be a poster child for what to watch out for in the MeToo movement.

It is always MOST of the media walking lockstep with the left, so yes. For all practical purposes I would even like to Fox not be the Trumpswabber that they are but for all to present a more balanced, factual news system, but they don't.

Quote:
The last 16 years of Dem presidents haven't really promoted that progressive of an agenda. I'm not sure most people even know what a real liberal looks like.
Classic liberal? Nahh, very few of those left. The politics of the Dem party have skewed progressive, and are skewing more so and IMO at a higher rate of the Reps going right - as was the claims for years.

Quote:
Not sure who the trustworthy remark is aimed at but considering we have likely the most dishonest and corrupt administration in US history it's pretty funny. I know that Hillary wouldn't be under Putin's thumb and alienating our vital partners.
All the people that frankly pull the master lever, unwilling to compromise or discuss openly. All the people that said if Trump gets elected we're gonna die (yes, there is time still), net neutrality weregonnadie, tax reductions weregonnadie. Those only now shouting about the National Debt and annual deficits, weregonnadie

Quote:
Considering he inherited all of Bush's 'eff ups I think just gaining some sense of stability was a major accomplishment.
Yep - and he effed up many of his own.

Quote:
I'm concerned this country is starting to look more like a fascist regime than a representative democracy. People are so consumed with anti-Clinton or anti-Obama they're oblivious to fundamental changes happening right under their feet.
I'm concerned this country is looking more Orwellian, where if you do not toe the party line you will be the subject of a SJW 20 years of hate. That Western Democracy and Civilization is going to be sacrificed at the alter of the collective. The constant redefinition of words and meanings, of what is acceptable and not acceptable, to suit one side.

I am concerned that the open narrative of the left is to persecute the NRA and law abiding 2A supporting terrorists.

I am concerned that the open narrative of the left is to persecute the 1A and freedom of speech, even if it is vile.

I am concerned that the fundamental changes afoot (ahem, required) with the hard left that oppose merit, law, and decency.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: