View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #9
Rockfish9

the rear seaction is done a little differently, again, it is placed on a pin on the fixture, starting at the mark, I draw the plug towards the front of the rear section,leaving a 1/8" space from center... I repeat on the other side...

Once the "V" cuts are finished, a hole is drilled in the lower half of the front section for your belly weight, in my case, I drilled a 15/64 hole 1 1/8" deep to accomodate the 4 grams of lead, the weight was then installed and the hole sealed with elmers 2 part epoxy, wood repair putty, I also use the 5 minute 2 part putty made by lock tite, it comes in a tube and you slice off a chunk, mix it up and it's good to go in just a few minutes, I use this when I'm only doing a few pugs, for big jobs, and an extended working time, I use the elmers...

the tail section gets a 2 grams of lead, the hole I drill is 1/4"X 1/2" deep.... once the weight is installed, I fill the hole with epoxy filer and push a wire down through it, then pull it back out.. when the putty hardens, I use a counter sink to open up the end so once installed,I can use a tail gromet...

Enough for tonight... tomorrow night, I'll go through the epoxy sealing, painting and wiring....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	18 making rear v cut.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	32830   Click image for larger version

Name:	18 tail v cut 2.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	32831   Click image for larger version

Name:	19 15.64X1.25 drill.jpg
Views:	315