View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 01:17 PM   #80
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Immigration arguments like yours is like saying don't pee in the ocean it will turn it yellow ...
Immigration has no effect on poor American to earn more . But keep thinking that's why poor Americans are poor .... because of immigrants .. you nailed it
Once again, a liberal responds to something I never even came close to saying. I didn’t say immigration causes poverty. But it doesn’t help. Maybe if you worked in the private sector for three seconds, or if you ever bothered to learn about economics, you’d understand. If you have a poor American making 10/hr, and you have a lot of immigrants willing to work for less, it makes it harder for him to get more. Not everyone is in a union where you get raises automatically, most of us have to command raises. It’s harder to do that with unskilled immigrants.

No sane person denies that. You deny it because you don’t happen to like it. Supply and demand exists whether your Bolshevik view likes it or not. I don’t like it either. But I know it exists.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device