Thread: The Dead Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #41
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
embarrased to play like JG? you must be great!...and a multi bazillionare to boot with your fanbase- "Believe it or not people payed good money to hear me and for me to teach them to play."
Ahh, if only talent = money in the music industry!
I believe there are countless guitarist that play very differently than JG. So you think they're no good? I would never want to sound like him, ever. Garcia states his influences as early blues, jazz, country, etc. I have many of the same influences and yet I hear very little of the feeling, swing and harmonic complexities in his playing. His playing is dull IMHO. Music is an art, there is no better or best. But if you ask me if I think I am a more creative and technical guitar player than Jerry Garcia, yes, I do. But see, i dont think thats a big deal. I can post COUNTLESS youtube people who are much better. Here is one of my favs from the netherlands, this guy and I trade emails all the time. He is a relative nobody, but yes, he is a much more accomplished guitar player than JG. Big deal. That an $1.75 will buy you a coffee at Dunkin Donuts.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote