View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 08:59 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again get your facts correct Supreme Court has ruled that the government may not display nativity scenes at the entrance to core government buildings (not Democrats )

Shocking the kid won a contest as did everyone else that it is hung next to

its gone unnoticed for about seven months, until officer groups began to complain

So much for the
First Amendment rights of the 18-year-old artist, David Pulphus.

I thought Republicans Loved the Constitution I forgot only where and when it suits Them
WDMSO, who sues when religion enters the public square in any way? You deny it's liberals?

This artist, of course, has the right to make whatever historically inaccurate horsesh*t art he wants. He has that right. That doesn't mean it must be on display in the US Capital.

My facts were correct - liberals would tend to be OK with depicting cops as kids, but they'd be offended by a nativity scene. Forget the courts, which I never referred to. I am talking about what your side believes.

In 2018, 10 democrat senators are up for re-election in states that rump won. If your side remains this clueless about what the majority of American people believe, they will continue to be irrelevant.

He "won a contest"? The contest was decided by the one person, the congressman, a left wing nut who hates cops and would have picked anything that made cops look bad. Whoop-dee-do.

"I thought Republicans Loved the Constitution '

We do. You show me what part of the constitution is violated by refusing to let that thing hang in the US Capital? If the kid wants to put on an art show on his own dime, fine. That's public property. None of has a constitutional right to display our art in a public place.

As I said, this will help my side and hurt your side. Keep up the good work.