View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 12:30 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I get the constitutional 2A argument, but when that was written consider arms were basically on an even footing. I doubt the intent was to have the ability to arm yourself with anything, when the next lethal weapon of war is developed, does any citizen have the right to arm up if his neighbors are?
So do we let the president or congress disregard the parts of the constitution they don't happen to like? I don't disagree with you in theory, but if we let Biden decide which parts of the constitution he can ignore, say Trump wins again in 2024, are you comfortable letting Trump decide which parts of the constitution he can ignore?

There are also 100 million (/) guns out there. Tougher gun laws aren't going to involve confiscating them.

Doesn't mean we don't try to do something, but both sides need to be more honest, less partisan, about the components of the problem, and the pros and cons of solutions.

And I'd love to see a study that shows how many Americans are killed in these random mass shootings versus killed in garden variety gun violence, and how much media coverage each tragedy gets.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-25-2022 at 01:07 PM..