View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #5
DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
I don't get it Dennis. Why not just make it a straight metal lip swimmer, why go to all the work of making the lipless swimmer face and then add the lip on there? I understand you wanting to make the lip stronger for rocks etc but it looks like what you actually have made is more of a metal lipped darter than a lipless swimmer?
Salty,
Making a straight metal lipped swimmer means having just another metal lipped swimmer which we all know are "generally" not the best casting plug. A bottle plug with a well designed metal lip still casts like a rocket. In this instance my friend modified this bottle because the original lip had worn down from using it in rocky environments. Instead of throwing away bottles with worn down lips we would modify them as shown making them last virtually forever. I just wanted to show other builders a novel idea - something outside the box. I'm sure some of the talented builders here will take the idea and run with it.

Tagger - great idea with the darter. That is another wood plug that takes a beating in rocks. Once the face of a darter starts to get beat-up and chipped it doesn't swim as well.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote