View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #11
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke41 View Post
I live there from 1990 -1995. It was great. Plenty of hunting and fishing. Zero red tape. Housing was about 60% less than MA. Food was 30% gas was 30% less. My car insurance went from 1600 ' year living in Southie to $450.00. Same pay scale as up here. NO STATE INCOME TAX. NO EXCISE TAX. No goverment hand in your pocket all the time. Schools are very good. The people are honest and friendly. I lived in a small town Northwest of Dallas. It as heaven. Got transfered back here. If I could do it over I would have stayed.

If you want more info Pm and I will give you my phone number. I still have family down there. Lots of jobs. They added 450,000 new jobs this year alone.
good info, thanks - thats the area we are looking at. The area is growing. I cant take the commuting options I have right now for very long. I spend 3 hours (on a good day) getting to and from work. I want to have more time with my kids each day. Commutes down there are 15-20 mins and as you said, same pay. I would miss the ocean tremendously but could have fun chasing largemouths for awhile and I guess we could get a pool. My wife is really into it. this may move fast, we'll see.

John - Austin is a great city, I loved it there. Im more comfortable with libs when it comes to food and music. San Francisco is still my favorite city.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote