View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Agree, there's a lot that you don't seem to get.

First...what's the point of this thread? How long has this information been fermenting in your belly such that you just had to get it out?

Kathy Boudin was sent to prison and served her term for being an accomplice to a theft that turned violent. What ever happened to a debt to society being paid in full?

I don't believe Bill Ayers was ever convicted of murder or terrorism. Certainly he was a radical back then, but did his actions ever actually kill anyone? I'd think to be a murderer you'd have to have killed someone. Also, it's worth noting that his actions weren't motivated by a hatred for America...it was what they saw as our complicit engagement in an unconscionable war. Had he been targeting abortion clinics you'd be spinning the other way.

Ayers wasn't Obama's political mentor, that's been debunked as an election year myth.

Mumai Abu-Jamal didn't speak at Wesleyan "The same Wesleyan where Antonin Scalia was heckled and had condoms thrown at him", he was invited to speak at The Evergreen State College. He wasn't chosen by the college, he was chosen by the GRADUATING CLASS of 1999 no less! While I can't say if he's guilty or innocent it does appear there's a significant amount of information that contests he had a fair trial.

Interestingly enough all three people share a common thread, regardless of their history they all appear pretty intelligent and have moved forward to share their experiences and help others.

As usual Jim, you've gotten pretty much every aspect of your post wrong...worse...that you casually throw out the T word without any real regard for context or meaning speaks volumes.

-spence
"what's the point of this thread?"

Ah yes. When you know a conservative is correct, you respond with "so what?"

"How long has this information been fermenting in your belly such that you just had to get it out?"

This news came out this past week.

"for being an accomplice to a theft that turned violent. What ever happened to a debt to society being paid in full?"

Now THAT, Spence, is world-class spin. You neglected to point out that she assisted in the murder of 2 police officers and a security guard. Are details, shmee-tails.

I have no problem with parole and rehabilitation. But that's not the same thing as HONORING someone with a post educating children.

"I'd think to be a murderer you'd have to have killed someone."

Spence, please point out where I said Bill Ayers was a murderer? I did say he was, by his own admission, a leader of the weather Underground, which did murder people.

"Mumai Abu-Jamal didn't speak at Wesleyan "

I said he spoke via a video feed, and that is true. Are you literally making up this stuff to refute me?

"Interestingly enough all three people share a common thread"

Yes. Violent, liberal radicals, who are still glorified by your side.

"all appear pretty intelligent "

Based on WHAT? How did you arrive at that conclusion? How do you know Abu Mumia Jamal is intelligent, did you give him an IQ test on death row?

"that you casually throw out the T word"

OK. So according to you, the Weather Underground were not terrorists? Please explain why not.

I don't use that word casually. It is you who refuses to use that word when it appropeiately applies to those who share your ideology.

One of your moset deranged diatribes ever, and that is saying something.