View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 06:39 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I believe the visa process is already being firmed up to some degree. There probably is a legal avenue to further vet people here under new regulations, but does the government have the resources?

Regardless it should be rational and not part of a national freak out. God help us if Trump got elected and made good on 10% of his inflammatory rhetoric...you'll see the issue explode.
"you'll see the issue explode"

Funny, I thought the issue exploded on 09/11.

Spence, it is now reported that the female shooter had attended not one, but two Islamic schools in Pakistan, that are being investigated by the Pakistanis because the schools radicalize their students. The schools are so alarming, that the Pakistanis are investigating them. That's the same Pakistan that harbored Bin Laden and still imprisons the doctor who helped us find him. This is not an ally of ours, they aren't likely to share this info with us.

Therefore, the vetting process cannot begin to keep us safe. There is no computer database we can access that will tell us if these people have been radicalized., is there?

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, because I would like to be able to welcome peaceful Muslims who are willing to assimmilate. But I don't see how you can begin to differentiate them from the radicals.

This woman was NOT radicalized here. She was radicalized before she got here, and we didn't come close to catching that, even though she wasn't exactly getting radicalized under the radar.

Unless this vetting process can be significantly improved, and I don't see how it can when these people often come from places that don't have paperwork or computer records, it's a waste of time to try. If there are holes in the vetting process, it stands to reason that the jihadists will intentionally exploit them.

Not good enough.

The one thing you have said that makes any sense, is that Trump cannot get elected.

But we are going to have the conversation, before you and I are gone, about whether or not this religion is compatible with the western way of life. I no longer think it is. And I do not say that lightly, never thought I could ever say that out loud.