View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 09:59 PM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The civility police might point out that many conservatives hated Obama just as much, but that only demonstrates the limits of content-neutral analysis. The right’s revulsion against a black president targeted by birther conspiracy theories is not the same as the left’s revulsion against a racist president who spread birther conspiracy theories.
No one comes close to how Trump has split this country
To claim that college students, those uppity black people, a representative or anyone else has the power that Trump wields in the media is absurd
You poor victim
We will be reaping what he has sown for a generation
These asassination attempts have no precedent, meanwhile Trump’s rallies continue chanting threats, to his grinning approval
You’re complicit in this
Sad
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"The civility police might point out that many conservatives hated Obama just as much" They might point that out, and it would be laughably wrong. We disliked Obama's policies, and we disliked the way he whined about Foxnews (sort of how Trump whines about CNN), the way he hated conservatives. But we didn't endlessly obsess about everything Obama did, or every syllable he spoke.

"The right’s revulsion against a black president "

Ahh. Not that he was a radical, inexperienced politician whose wife hated this country, and whose spiritual mentor hated this country. It was because he was black. Im a guy who literally prays that Condaleeza Rice runs, but I'm an anti-black racist because I thought Obama was an arrogant, clueless horses azz, who never met an abortion he didn't think was swell, and who trampled on the rights of Christians again and again. Nope, it was all because of his skin color.

Right there, in that stupid, demonstrably false accusation, we see your desperation and small mindedness. You proved my point better than I ever could.

"those uppity black people:

You're a one trick pony, huh?