View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 03:25 PM   #29
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And if she claimed she moved because of real estate prices, you might have a shred of a point. She didn't, so you don't. She specifically mentioned taxes, not real estate prices.
She never claimed she "moved because of taxes," she made a remark that her lower taxes were less of a burden. You'd be duped by the tabloids.

Quote:
Oh. So you're saying NY state doesn't have cheap houses upstate, "in the middle of nowhere", that she could have moved to? Why did she go all the way to FL? CT has plenty of condos in that price range, but the taxes are a whole lot higher than what she's enjoying in FL.
Maybe she had friends there, maybe she was sick of the winters...you're just making stuff up now.

Quote:
I didn't extrapolate a thing. You said she "had to" move all the way from NY to FL, because of money. Your words, not my extrapolation. Governor Cuomo is currently making a very, very big deal about the ruinous impact of taxing people to the point where they leave.
I never said she moved to FL because of taxes, she just couldn't afford to live in NYC after her husband's death broke them.

Look at map of Canada Jim, look at what a public health system has done to the light pollution. It's like daylight at midnight.